When healthy gets tasty..!
Some things, just don’t require an introduction. You name them and they say “Hey we are healthy !”
Oats walnut cookies are healthy and fantastically delicious. These crunchy and yet soft cookies that you cant stop eating, can give any cookie in the world, a run for their money.
Oats and walnuts are known for multiple benefits.
They are incredibly nutritious, rich in antioxidants and fiber so, not only help fight cholesterol and sugar levels but also help lose weight. Loaded with important vitamins and minerals they are believed to help avoid childhood asthma.Well you can also apply them in certain forms externally for glowing skin. So, not bad at all.
As usual i gather the very basic things and use my all time favorites like olive oil, cinnamon and multigrain flour to make these sumptuous cookies. The recipe is very versatile like all my other recipes so just enjoy making them.
2 cups of standard oats
1 cup of walnut kernals
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp multigrain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup of honey ( that is according to my taste buds so you can add some brown sugar if you want them sweeter)
1 whole egg beaten
4 tbsp olive oil ( you can use butter if you want)
1/2 cup of toned cold milk
Few raisins if you want
Lets do it
I have my six simple steps to tell you
- dry roast the oats and walnuts separately for 5 minutes on low flame
- once cool, crush them coarsely in a grinder
- place them in big container and mix flour and baking powder followed by egg, honey, olive oil and raisins (if you want)
- mix well with finger tips and add milk just enough to make a dough consistency
- make small balls, slightly flatten them
- brush them slightly with milk/olive oil/butter and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I turn them somewhere in between.
- when brown, take them out and cool
ENJOY THESE YUMMY COOKIES THE WAY YOU WANT TO. They taste wonderful with hot coffee, i mean if you can save some till then..!
You can add any other nut too or you can replace the walnuts completely if you want.
You can add vanilla or any other essence of your choice if you are not fond of cinnamon.
You can add cocoa powder for some chocolaty feel.
My GOLDEN THUMB RULE while cooking is –
“Follow no rules and take no stress,
If you enjoy doing it, it can never be a mess.”